Royal Start to Speech
Believe it or not, I’ve already started working on what I’m going to be doing in speech in the fall! I’ve decided to go with a new room theme this year (insert shocked gasp!) and it is…..
Dragons, Princesses, and Knights, OH MY!
I’m even seeing if I can get a special half-apron made with this theme!
Here is a sneak-peak at the jumbo-sized posters that my amazing SLP-A started working on before school let out…
And here are the regular size posters (8.5×11) that will be prominently displayed around my room soon:
Here’s how we will spend the first 1-2 weeks of speech:
- Decorating “Speech Castles”, on which students will draw themselves and their speech goals, and then tape up to the walls.
- Completing the “Speech Books”, in which students will draw or write important information about speech (such as the SLPs name, speech rules, speech goals, etc.).
- Filling in the “Letter to Parents” and then bringing it home to help involve families in speech services.
And (this is my favorite part!) here is how I will be progress monitoring students:
- Using 2 page probes based on Common Core State Standards in Speaking/Listening and Language, there are spots for a beginning of the year pre-test as well as 3 progress monitoring probes later in the year.
- The probes are beads on the same Royalty theme to keep consistent with other beginning of the year activities.
- There are 3 levels of probes, divided as follows:Level 1 (for students working on K-1st grade CCSS goals)Level 2 (for students working on 2nd-3rd grade CCSS goals)Level 3 (for students working on 4th-5th grade CCSS goals)
I hope you will consider purchasing this beginning of the year tool kit! Great for SLPs and students! You can purchase it here.
Oh…how much I love this! Awesome work as always!
Just saw this product on TpT and I just love the theme and all your ideas. I will be passing this info along to my SLP friends, as they kept asking about bulletin board ideas for next year. I’m pretty sure a few already bought your super hero materials! You are so creative and THOROUGH!
Girl, you have got it going on!
Comments are closed.