Yet again I have failed miserably in my quest to read a book a week (on average). You know…like I did pre-children!
A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: Potentially life changing autobiographical memoir by Don Miller. Don decides that he wants to have a good “story” to tell about his life. And it makes me want me change my life story to be great.
What Strength Remains:Fantastic biography of an amazing genoicide survivor from Burundi and his journey to the United States. And back to Burundi. Inspiring and amazing.
The Art of Racing in the Rain: Sad and pensive fiction about a Northwest man surviving the loss of his wife and the battle to get custody of his daughter. All narrated by the family dog.
Outliers: I learned so much from this book!
Catching Fire: Awesome 2nd book in the triology The Hunger Games (although not as good as the first)
Books Read in 2010
- Harry Potter and teh Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Guardians of Ga’hoole–The Capture
- Among Schoolchildren
- A Million Miles in a Thousand Years
- Wind in the Willows
- What Strength Remains
- Gregor the Overlander
- Jesus for President
- The Magician’s Nephew
- The Middle Place
- It’s All Too Much
- How Children Raise Parents
- Sidetracked Home Executives
- Catching Fire
- The Art of Racing in the Rain
- The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid
- Adopted For Life
- Shanghai Girls
- Creating an Intimate Marriage