Auctionable Cookies. Month 5.
I know you are on pins and needs to discover what auctionable cookies I baked up for October…
Thanks to my pal Martha, I delivered a delicious Halloween-looking batch.
Other than the slight mishap of dropping half of the dough on the ground, the recipe was quite easy to make. And since they are very low calorie (bwhahaha!) and egg-free, the batter and I had a hot date that lasted throughout the evening.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. With an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy. Add flour, sugar, and cocoa; mix just until combined. (Chill dough in the refrigerator 10 minutes if it is too soft to handle.)
- Pat dough into an 8-inch round cake pan; press edges down with the tines of a floured fork. Bake until firm, 30 minutes. Immediately score into eight wedges; cool completely. Turn out of pan; break wedges apart. Decorate with icing .
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 drop yellow or orange food coloring
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, 1 drop yellow or orange food coloring, and 1 teaspoon water. (Icing should be spreadable but not too thick; add more water, 1 teaspoon at a time, as necessary.) Spread onto tips of shortbread. Let set, 15 minutes.
YUM! Now I’m hungry!
Oh.my.goodness. I so need to try these!
YUMMY! I am so all about cookie dough too. I don’t care if I drop it on the floor. ;P
I love shortbread and despite the minor disasters, yours turned out great.
YUMMY!! I think I’ll try these this weekend!
I love shortbread cookies and these look great. If you want to wander down my road I’m home.
I adore shortbread!
Perfect for Halloween!
Mouth watering. 🙂
Wow! And well done! I can almost smell the chocolate;)
Yum! That looks so good! I have such a sweet tooth lately and that would be gone in half a second at my house. 😉
Those look fantastic!
They Look super yummy!
These look so great.
What a fun Halloween treat.
Srsly? no eggs? Kind of weird first of all…
Is that how you make regular shortbread?
they are definitely halloween-y! 🙂
I love chocolate shortbread!
Mmm, these look delicious and sound pretty simple. I’ll have to try them out!
Comments are closed.