As a self-proclaimed thrify-a-holic, I love to find a good rummage sale.
Please note. I did not say garage sale.
Garage sales are a waste of my time because:
- You have to travel to multiple locations.
- The sellers are emotionally attached to the items so they charge too much.
- There is not enough variety, sizes, supplies.
Rummage sales, on the other hand, are:
- Almost always for a charitable cause.
- Run by volunteers who are willing to bargain since they have no emotional attachment to the items.
- On a strict schedule and everything must go by the end of the sale.
The following finds, however, were from a garage sale. But in justification to my previous statements, I can add that they were from a moving sale from a friend from church. And, oh, they were all free since they didn’t sell earlier in the day!
- Household vocabulary
- Medical vocabulary
- Meal time vocabulary
- Character scripts and retellings
- Polite language
- Requesting, commenting, and questioning
How about you? Have you recently collected any dirt cheap goodies for speech?
Check out Speech Room News Link-Up for Thrifty Speech Finds!