Although I really don’t want to think about progress reports for a few more months, I was completely inspired by this list of Report Card comments. I typically write a few sentences of objective data (“Johnny is producing /s, z/ in initial position with 75% accuracy and medial position with 50% accuracy), and then I like to add something more personal. But I always say the same thing for each student, during each quarter. BORING!
So, I generated 25+ comments for SLPs (or others) to add to progress reports. Feel free to cut and paste. Or give me more ideas to add to this list!
You can access a printable copy of this list in the resource library.
⭐️⭐️ SUBSCRIBE for access to my library of free speech materials.⭐️⭐️
Progress: ________________ is…
• making great progress in speech.
• continuing to improve.
• a quick learner.
• consistently improving in speech and language skills.
• an amazing worker.
Effort: ________________ is…
• a very hard speech worker.
• always tying his/her best at speech.
• keeping up the great work every day.
• showing great effort in speech.
Home Practice: ________________ is…
• showing good carry-over skills from home to speech.
• doing a great job with speech homework.
• working hard at home and school on speech and language.
• practicing at home and making progress.
• consistently turning in speech work.
General Compliments: ________________ is…
• a wonderful student.
• kind and helpful at speech.
• a great listener.
• a role model for others.
• artistic and creative.
Gentle suggestions for change:
• Don’t forget to practice good speech and language every day.
• Remember to turn in your speech homework.
• Let me know if you have any questions about speech therapy or homework.
• Daily speech practice will help with faster progress.
• Consistent good speech and language is a tool for success.