Maybe if the UN passed these cookies out, there could be World Peace?
March 2011 Auctionable Cookies
I first tried this recipe about 3 weeks ago, and I’ve made the recipe 3 times since then. They really are that fabulous. They’ve sustained me through Professor X’s trial procedure (which ultimately went well and he’s planning to have the electrodes permanently implanted!!), some incredibly rough times with students, and even rougher times with co-workers.
If I can get through my tearful days with these cookies, surely peace is possible?
World Peace Cookies (from Dorie Greenspan’s book: Baking)
1 1/4 cups flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 stick plus 3 Tbs butter
2/3 cup light brown super
1/4 cup sugar
1/4. tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
5 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped, or 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Sift flour, coca, and baking soda together.
2. Beat the butter on medium speed until creamy. Add both sugars, salt, vanilla and beat 2 minutes more.
3. Pour in the dry ingredients. Mix on low speed until the flour disappears into the dough. Tosss in chocolate pieces and mix only to incorporate.
4. Put dough on a work surface and divide in half. Shape each half into a log that is 1.5 inches in diameter. Wrap the logs in plastic wrap and regrigerate or freeze.
5. Heat oven to 325.
6. Slice the cookie logs into rounds that are 1/2 inch thick. Arrange on baking sheets.
7. Bake for 12 minutes and let cool.
You are a rockstar, and those cookies look so good! You made a typo but it’s completely acceptable since you said “brown SUPER”. When you are a Super, you can’t help it.
So glad to hear Professor X’s implants are helping!
I have to pass on the cookies, I have no self control when it comes to chocolate 😉
Those cookies make me hungry 🙂
FYI, I started a new speech only blog and it is located here: http://spoonfulofspeech.blogspot.com/
Yay for Prof. X!
I need to hunt down some Bittersweet chocolate now…
After i read this recipe on your blog two days ago, i have tried to do it. And the result it was very good in my opinion. It taste delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
So glad the Professor’s procedure went well enough to go to a permanent implant. That’s awesome.
As for the cookies– Who could go wrong with chocolate. Surely, these could bring a little peace on earth.
I’m thrilled for you that there’s hope from the procedure.
The cookies look amazing.
I tried to respond to the comment you left on my blog-but the email address under “your profile” isn’t working.
Wars should be decided via bake offs. Could you imagine the Pentagon being dedicated to creating the BEST chocolate cookie?
I’m glad Professor X is feeling better
Comments are closed.