Chocolate Chip Scones
4 cups flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. sweet butter
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1 cup chocolate chips
2 Tbs. cream
1 Tbs. turbinado sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
3. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and buttermilk and stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Lightly mix the wet and dry ingredients together to form a soft dough.
6. Drop by large tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet. Brush the top of the scones with cream and sprinkle turbinado sugar on top.
Oh yum yum yum!
Oh dang. Wrong site to visit after a rough week of Weight Watchers….
I’m making chocolate chip cookies this afternoon.
Oh I love scones! Def. trying this one.
These sound WAY too good!
I love scones–one tip I have on this–cut the butter and then FREEZE the slices for 15-30 minutes; a very flakey scone (yeah, I’m pretty serious in the kitchen lol)
I’ve been lurkin on your blog for awhile now after valleygirl sent the link for your blog my way. These look amazing and I am going to try them soon. I really like your children’s book selections and have stored many of them into my “books I want to get for my future classroom” file. Thanks for the great tips and ideas.