This could get ugly.
If you are one of the two people who has been consistently reading this blog, you may recognize some of these facts. (Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!)
1. I am constantly learning new things
2. Some strengthen my super powers for good
3. Some for evil
4. I try to err on the side of good
5. I’ve lived on both coasts but never in the middle of the US
6. I love the ocean
7. I wanted to be a Marine Biologist
8. I got pretty close
9. Until I realized I couldn’t student teach AND do marine research during the same semester
10. So I “just” studied biology
11. And became a science teacher
12. That barely lasted a year
13. I was one of two students in all my bio classes who never wanted to go to med school
14. I didn’t want to be a dentist either
15. Because looking in mouths is gross
16. Ha! Joke’s on me! Guess what I do every day?
17. I went to a college prep school growing up
18. And an Ivy League university
19. And now I work in a low income public school with kids with special needs
20. Yes. I am aware of the irony in that.
21. Yes. My family almost had a heart attack when they found out what I wanted to do with my expensive degrees
22. I consider myself a semi-geek
23. You couldn’t go to my college and not consider yourself a geek
24. I’ve been married to the same man for 10.5 years
25. He has to put up with a lot
26. Everyone in my family is Asian American but me
27. I started swimming “lessons” when I was less than 1 years old
28. I’m not really sure how that worked
29. But I survived
30. And went on to be on a swim team for 9 years
31. I s*cked
32. I was a national debator in high school
33. I think I’ve lost those particular super powers
34. My four year old can now outwit me in an argument
36. I still don’t mind speaking in front of a group
37. If I actually have something to say
38. Which is rare
39. I think I prefer talking to the world via the internet
40. I’m an internet junkie
41. And quite a good multi-tasker
42. I can lead a speech session of 2 kids working on /r/ sounds while checking my email
43. And I really am paying attention to the kids
44. I’ve worried about my own kids speech since before they were born
45. Because I knew everything that “could” go wrong
46. They think I’m a little neurotic
47. A little?
48. I started traveling (internationally) without my parents at age 11
49. Free at last!
50. I chose to go to college 3000 miles from home so that I could be totally independent
51. I learned that that s*cks when you have to put everything in storage every summer
52. Or when you need to do laundry
53. My mom feared I’d fall in love with someone in college and stay on the east coast
54. And that’s exactly what I did!
55. I did come back though
57. But not to the same state
58. Or even reasonable driving distance
59. The one time I tried to drive it, I almost got stopped on a mountain highway due to weather
60. The cars that were stopped couldn’t move for 2 days.
61. I love kids
62. I am not patient with kids
63. I am not patient with adults either
64. My husband has to put up with a lot
65. I love me a good quote
66. And a good cup of coffee
67. And a cold Diet Coke
68. And I must have dark chocolate
69. Anyone who can quote me “Buffy” or “Gilmore Girls” is my new BFF
70. Bored now.
71. Ha! If you got that then I love you!
72. I am trying to live more generously
73. I’m told my humor can be very dry and you may not catch (or understand) my jokes
74. Luckily, my husband does
75. It’s good at least one person does
76. I had no idea what Speech-Language Pathology was when I started graduate school
77. Not my brightest leap of faith
78. Luckily, I turned out to really enjoy it!
79. My children were born 3000 miles away from me
80. Riddle me that!
81. I used to read a lot
82. I loved history books and sleeping in
83. Before I had kids
84. I still listen to many books on tape
85. The only way the housework gets done is if I have a good book on tape
86. I’ve found that the reader is almost more important than the author
87. I enjoy “Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me” even more than books on tape
88. Absolutely hilarious
89. I type very fast and make many typos
90. I apologize in advance for all the typos you will endure
91. I’m a snob about mis-spellings, punctuation errors, and grammar mistakes in other people’s writing
92. Yes. That is hypocrisy.
93. I am a strong advocate and supporter of adoption
94. Every family should at least consider adoption or foster care
95. Your life will forever be changed. Hopefully with wonderful things if you proceed with caution and a lot of education.
96. My husband has been in seminary for 7 years and has about 5 years to go.
97. When I agreed to marry him, he was going to be a Chemistry professor
98. I put up with a lot too
99. I love to bake
100. Because I love to eat
101. An extra for good luck: I am one blessed lady and thank God every day for all He has given me!