I’m a very frugal gal and have been an extreme couponer long before it was popular.
But for a few select items, I am a brand-snob. Mind you, I try to wait until a sale and then stock up, but there are certain things I cannot buy generic.
The following is a “vacation-style” post to help keep my mind off of the upcoming stressful year I am dreading.
1. Diet Coke– just for the taste of it. Preferably from a fountain dispenser with lots of ice.
2. Press and Seal Wrap– after an unfortunate bat-stuck-in-the-storm-window incident while in college, I vowed never to go generic on this stuff again.
3. Contingo water bottles– we own 7 of these and I’d buy more in a heart beat if I found them for the right price. One handed, non-leaky, BPA-free, watery-goodness.
4. Crayola crayons– I go through hundreds of crayons per year. I will no longer settle for the cruddy generic crayons. Not even for free.
5. Mr. Sketch markers– not only are there no other markers that draw as well as these (with the possible exception of Crayola), but nothing smells as good. And you know you’ve done your job well when children leave your room with little dots of color all over their noses….
Spill it reader. What brand names are just worth it?