I have spent a huge portion of my year thus far creating a new system for visual schedules. After beating our heads against the wall for the first month of school, our team decided to try getting our boys onto schedules and using them consistently and throughout the school day. Which is NO easy task.
After trial and error and trial and trial and trial, our system is actually working out really well. And at least 2 of our 4 boys have really taken to the schedule and it is helping them get through the school day with less stress and less explosive behaviors. Hurray!!
Here is a picture of one the boy’s Monday schedule. It’s been all decked out in order to preserve privacy. 🙂
I also had to create an entire “dictionary” of extra pictures for events that happen on other days, other teachers, special events, and extras in case of loss.
So far, so good. Just hope the novelty doesn’t wear off and I can continue to use this system for several years to come to make up for the all the time I put into it… One co-worker even said I should patent it and try to make a few bucks off of my work. 😉