Too much chocolate? Never!
Oh yes. That is the birthday cake that I referred to on Saturday.
Too chocolately? Impossible. Delicious? Uh huh!
Although I’m a huge fan of “made from scratch”, I have never had much luck with cakes from scratch. But cakes from a mix with add-ins? Perfect.
Too Much Chocolate Cake (adapted from allrecipes)
1 (18.25 ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix (I used the sugar-free version on sale at Walgreens this week for 25 cents!)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup warm water
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, chopped into bits
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, milk, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased 12 cup bundt pan.
3. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees and 25 minutes at 300 degrees. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an half an hour before inverting onto a plate. Top with chocolate glaze.
Satiny Chocolate Glaze
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water, combine chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup. Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, then add vanilla.
2. Spread warm glaze over top of cake, letting it drizzle down the sides.
Doctored up cake mixes work for me!
Why do you do this to me!?!
This looks good….and a doctored up cake mix is a home run!!
Nick’s bday is coming up….he is a chocoholic….I might need to give this a try!!
Thanks for sharing!
Ohhhhhhhhh, now you’ve got my mouth a-waterin’! At 7:30 in the morning, I find myself craving chocolate cake. This is just wrong.
I made one like this last week…except I added coffee to mix. YUMMY! (and I made a coffee glaze for the top)
We have three out of four of our kids birthdays in December!!
A crazy month, but this cake looks so scrumptious that maybe I’ll have to try it for one of our celebrations :)!!
Oh. My. Heavens.
That looks divine!
Mmm, my mouth is watering! That looks so delicious! Thanks so much for sharing!
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!
YUM YUM YUM
Oh. My. Lord.
Why must you torment me so?
wow that’s not enough chocolate for me! woohoo! yummy!
Is there any left? Can I come over> Oh, my gosh- I have to make that!!!
I have this recipe and use it, often! It truly is the BEST! I am actually planning on making it for a party, on Sunday night. However, I do not any icing that I use for it. So, your icing/glaze sounds perfect. I am so glad that I came by.
My goodness gracious laws-a-mercy, girl!
That is quite a cake!
Blessings and Happy Birthday!
That cake looks Yummy!
YUM! are you supposed to wash it down with chocolate milk too! 🙂
I think I just gained five pounds looking at that photo.
It was sooo good!
YummY!! I will try this for the next birthday around my house!
I LOVE this cake–but I’ve never made it with a glaze. It’s soooo rich.
Darn it Now I am craving Chocolate. YOu mean mean girl!
I think I put on weight just looking at that cake!
I’m looking ANYwhere in the house now for a morsel of something THAT good. Halloween candy will have to suffice. For now.