I love to read. This was evidenced in 2015 when I hit my personal best 103 books in one year (see the list of books here). As a blogger, I wanted to share my love of reading with all of you and make it into a blog-based conversation!
I am starting a virtual book club, and you are all welcome to join me! I especially love fiction (adult and teen) and memoirs, so most of the books chosen for this book club will be of those genres. And… since this is an SLP book club, I figured we should focus on topics of speechie concern.
How to participate in the SLP Book Club:
- Book club posts will occur every 2 months right here on Super Power Speech.
- There will be 2-3 books discussed per post.
- Participants are encouraged to read one or all of the books. However, everyone can discuss the topics without reading.
- On the book club post, I would like as many people to comment as possible! Reply to each others’ comments. Let’s get a real discussion going.
- My leadership role will simply include summarizing the book from a bibliophile’s perspective and an SLPs perspective. I will include a few quotes to ponder.
- The rest is up to you! If enough people are interested, we could change the platform to a Facebook group discussion.
I really, really hope that this can gain momentum and we can get a good reading community engaged and participating in these book club blog posts. So, grab your library card, some hot coffee, and a comfy chair and let’s get reading!
Books for the first meeting February 25th will focus on “STUTTERING” (Amazon affiliate links):
Sign up for the SLP Book Club email list!
People who have signed up will receive reminders about upcoming book clubs, additional book recommendations, and notices when I hear about book sales! Click here to sign up.