The Speech Room is filled with gorgeous Rainbows as we explore:
- Colors (rainbow colors of course!)
- Vocabulary (arc, arch, semi-circle, half-circle)
- Texture (crepe paper, tissue paper, ribbon, glue)
- Size (long, short, thick, thin)
- Articulation (/l/ in “glue, long, layer, yellow”, /r/ in “rainbow”)
St. Patrick’s Day brings back memories of drunk family members, so I decided to focus on something other than the Irish holiday.
Fortunately, yesterday only one student asked me to recall my Physics classes as to “what makes a rainbow”. I coughed a few times. Then changed the subject. But if they ask today…. I found this website and can tell them, “Here. Read this.”
If you are feeling mighty crafty, you can also do these rainbow projects:
- Rainbow books and snacks
- Rainbow jello in a cup
- Rainbow streamers
- Rainbow handprints
- Rainbow R
- Learn my favorite Rainbow song ever!