I just started back from spring break today and have to say that I am TIRED! It is really hard to go from “sleeping in” to 5am wake ups again!
10. Surrounded by joyful, creative, loving, and enthusiastic kids!
9. Flexibility to have an 8-3:30 schedule and do paperwork at home or stay later and do paperwork at work.
8. Support and co-teaching with other professionals (teachers, OT, PT, Special Education).
7. Not only is being creative , silly , and outrageous acceptable… it is encouraged!
6. Pulling out scissors, markers, toys, books, and magazines at any moment for impromptu lessons.
5. Having a never-boring , always busy schedule.
4. Creating my own materials and curriculum.
3. Practicing daily with kids that need it.
2. Feeling that I have a real and true impact on the lives of kids because I know exactly what they need (no therapy in isolation for me!)
1. Summer, winter, spring break, and snow days to spend with my own kids!