The recipe calls for M&Ms (and I had a ton from a couponing deal a few months ago), but it should work just as well with chocolate chips. I made 3 batches of these cookies within 2 weeks. And other than giving to my auction recipient,
I didn’t share. At. all.
Original Recipe Yield 5 – 6 dozen
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups candy-coated milk chocolate pieces
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, eggs, shortening, and vanilla thoroughly. Add flour, salt, and baking soda to creamed mixture. Blend well. Add 3/4 cup of M&M candies.
- Drop dough by teaspoonful onto cookie sheet. Slightly push a few candies on top of each dough ball with remaining candies.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 9 to 11 minutes, (I like to take them out a bit early before they brown).